Ports & Port Blocks
here we give some informations on the ports
The port blocks create links between the outside and the inside of a superblock. We define:
- Input/Output blocks used for explicit signals.
- ImplicitInput/ImplicitOutput blocks used for implicit signals.
- BusInput/BusOutput blocks used for buses.
- ActivationInput/ActivationOutput blocks used for activations.
The parameter "Port number" determines the relationship between the port block and the port object on the superblock. By default, the data ports objects are numbered from top to bottom, and the event port objects are numbered from left to right.
Two input port blocks (either Input, ImplicitInput or BusInput) cannot have the same number within a diagram. They are renumbered automatically based on the rules:
- When an input port block is dragged into a diagram, it is assigned with the smallest available "Port number".
- When the "Port number" parameter is changed to an already assigned number, the existing one will be renumbered to the smallest available number.
The number of ports on the superblock is equal to the largest "Port number".