You can add labels or explanatory text to a dashboard using a Text Label.
1. After double-clicking or drawing a rectangle on the dashboard canvas, click on the Select Part pane then click the Text Label icon.
The Text Label pane is displayed, and the Text Label part is added on the dashboard canvas.
2. Select the Text Mode:
Enter the text.
Select the source Data Table, Column, Aggregate, and specify the Format.
For text time series columns, only TextUnique and TextContactDistinct aggregates are supported.
3. Select the Vertical Align: Bottom , Middle , or Top
4. Select the Horizontal Align: Left , Center , or Right
5. Tap the Vertical Scrollbar slider to turn it on.
6. The Display in PDF option is enabled by default. Tap the slider so the Text Label will not be included in the PDF output.
7. To set the style of the Text Label, click Style .
The page updates to display the Style pane.
8. See Defining the Style of General Parts to set the style .
9 Click Update Style and select any of the following options:
· Set current as default – Save the changes and set it as the default.
· Create custom style – Save the changes and set it as a custom style.
The Style pane updates to display the Title control.
¨ Enter the custom style Title.
¨ If there are additional changes made, click Update Current Style in the Update Style drop-down.
The new custom style is added in the Workbook > Theme > Custom Styles list.
If published, the custom style configuration of the text label will be added to the Global custom styles list and can be applied to other parts.
· Reset to default – Revert to the original default settings.
10. Click the Save icon on the toolbar to save the changes.
When saved, the notification is displayed.